If you've determined to spend for a permanent in-ground basketball hoop, the Shatter Proof Fusion in-ground basketball hoop is a fantastic no-break, look-great hoop that you'll delight in for many years ahead. The Makrolon polycarbonate playing surface of this in-ground basketball hoop supplies superior rebounding performance and a pro-glass appearance you'll adore, in addition to the Lifetime Slam-It Rim with spring-back action.
This backboard height is easily changeable with the upward pressure of a broomstick. Lifetime in-ground basketball hoops call for cement and a suggested ground sleeve for permanent installation which gives you the obvious advantage of utmost firm security. All of Lifetime's in-ground basketball hoops are climate resistant to rusting, chipping, and fracturing. In-ground basketball hoops are a great investment.
- Dimensions: 48" Wide
- Backboard Frame:
- Extension Arm Type: (the arms that attach the backboard to the pole) Y-bracket assembly with straight tube arms gives strength and durability.
- Backboard Material: Makrolon Polycarbonate (clear see-through)
- Backboard Thickness: 2.5mm
- UV Backboard Graphics: Yes, Ensures graphics and borders won't fade over time.
- Backboard Frame Pad: Includes backboard frame pad to help protect players from impact.
- Overhang Distance: 22" from front of pole to back of backboard.
- Regulation-size rim (18" diameter).
- True breakaway rim mount.
- Dunking: Yes. This rim holds up very well to aggressive play.
- Net included: Yes. Net is a standard 12-loop net.
- Net attachment: Attaches to rim via welded metal hooks like in the NBA. No plastic clips.
Height Adjuster Mechanism
- Height Adjustment Type: Uses the Quick Adjust height adjuster invented by Lifetime Products.
- Adjustment Details: Using a broom stick this can be quickly raised and lowered.
- Rim Adjustment Heights: 8-feet to 10-feet in 6-Inch increments.
- Pole Diameter: 3-sections, 3.5-inches round with pole cap to prevent rain in pole.
- Pole Material: Steel with powder-coated finish to prevent rusting.
- Pole Color: Black
- Main Pole Shape: Round.
- Pole Pad: Sold Separately Part # 0602.
- Ground Sleeve: Sold Separately. Allows owner to remove the pole from the ground rather than cementing pole into ground permanently. Part #0023
- Anchor Kit: Not necessary. The pole on this system goes directly into the concrete. It does not bolt down.
- In-ground Pole Diameter: 3.5" Round
Other Specs and Features
- 3-piece pole goes directly into concrete or you can use a sleeve.
- Footprint: In-ground footprint is approximately 18" diameter.
- Warranty: 5-year warranty on all parts of the system from Lifetime Products.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.