Start your young basketball player out right with this Lifetime portable basketball system. Behind the allure of the affordable price of this basketball goal, the 90040 comes with several great features for young or casual players. The backboard is made with UV-resistant high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic. The 44-inch backboard width provides ample space to start learning to shoot layups and bank shots. The backboard height is also adjustable up and down using a telescoping pole activated by a push pin. Through this height adjustability, the rim can be set as low as 7.5 feet. This low setting allows even young players to start building up arm strength to reach the rim with their shots.
This system comes with a 5-year warranty from Lifetime Products for customers in the United States and Canada. Graphics on the backboard are fade resistant. All steel components of this system are powder coated to help resist rusting. The 27-gallon portable base can be filled with sand or water to help stabilize the system.
Other helpful information concerning Lifetime basketball hoops:
When the term "fusion" is used in the product name, this refers to the backboard having a plastic frame. Assembly is required. Typically, the 90040 can be assembled with just 2 or 3 adults working on it. Lifetime Products also runs a customer service line at 1-800-225-3865 that has people trained with installtion questions.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product!
- Dimensions: 44 inches W x 28 inches H.
- Backboard material: high-density polyethylene plastic.
- Backboard graphics are fade-resistant.
- Backboard to pole clearance: 22 inches.
Orange Classic Rim
- Regulation-sized rim, 18-inch diameter.
- Rim uses static mount against the backboard.
- Rim color: orange.
- Includes all-weather, white net.
- Net is a standard 12-loop net.
- Net weight: 50 grams.
- Net attaches to rim via welded metal hooks. No plastic clips.
Pole and Height Adjuster
- Pole size and shape: 3-piece, 2.75-inch round pole.
- Uses a telescoping pole to adjust the backboard up and down.
- Telescoping pole is activated using a push pin and then moving the pole up and down.
- Rim height adjusts from 7.5-feet to 10-feet in 6-inch increments.
- Easily adjusted up and down.
Other Specs and Features
- Portable base can be filled with sand or water.
- Portable base size: 27 gallons.
- Base footprint: 43 inches L x 30 inches W.
- Pole color: black.
- Weight of the base when filled with water: about 216 lbs.
- Typically, filling the base with sand makes the base weigh about 1.5 times more than filling the base with water. This weight factor will change depending on the density of your sand choice.
- Shipping weight: 56.4 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 44.5 inches x 32 inches x 8.5 inches.
- Includes a 5-year warranty on all parts of the system from Lifetime Products for United States and Canada customers.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.