The 1531 Lifetime portable basketball hoop is ideal for beginning to intermediate level basketball players. This system features a 3-inch round steel pole, Slam-it rim, and the Quick Adjust height-adjustment mechanism. The pole is made of sturdy steel and comes in 3-pieces to help make assembly easier. The Slam-it Rim uses a dual-spring compression mount that allows for some movement in the rim without damaging the backboard. The Quick Adjust mechanism allows you to adjust the rim height up and down from 8 feet to 10 feet in 6-inch increments. Easily move this system around when needed using the wheels of the base; simply tilt and roll to the desired spot.
This system also comes with a top-to-bottom warranty for 5 years from Lifetime Products for cusotmers in the United States and Canada. All metal components of this basketball system are powder coated to help resist rusting.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product! Please note that the product must be received back in resalable condition to qualify.
- Dimensions: 48 inches W x about 30 inches H.
- Backboard frame: high-density polyethylene plastic.
- Backboard frame thickness: 2 inches.
- Backboard material: Makrolon polycarbonate.
- Backboard thickness: 2.5 mm (0.09 inches).
- Backboard features fade-resistant graphics.
- Backboard to pole clearance: 18 inches.
- Lower edge of the backboard is covered with a blow-molded guard to protect players from direct impact with the backboard material.
- Black Slam-It rim, regulation a 18-inch diameter.
- Rim uses a double-spring compression mount.
- Rim diameter: 5/8-inch.
- Includes all-weather, white net.
- Net weight: 70 grams.
- Net attaches to rim via welded metal hooks. No plastic clips.
Pole and Height Adjuster
- Uses the Quick Adjust II mechanism to raise and lower the rim height.
- Pole size: 3-inch round.
- Pole construction: 3 pieces.
- Pole color: black.
- The Quick Adjust II mechanism is a ratcheting system.
- The Quick Adjust II is activated using a pole of some sorts. To raise the backboard height, the pole is placed under the rim mount and pushed up. To lower the backboard height, the pole is placed in a notch inside the mounting bracket, which releases the tension on the ratchet to lower the backboard again.
- This mechanism is designed to be used with adult supervision.
- Rim height adjusts from 8-feet to 10-feet in 6-inch increments.
Other Specs and Features
- Portable base can be filled with sand or water.
- Base footprint: 30 inches W x 46.75 inches D.
- Portable base size: 31 gallons.
- Approximate weight of the base when filled with water: 248 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 79 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 46.7 inches x 33.8 inches x 10.3 inches.
- Includes a 5-year warranty from Lifetime Products on all parts of the system for customers in the United States and Canada.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.