Lifetime Portable Basketball Hoops - 90015 52 inch Polycarbonate Backboard.
Shipping included for the purchase of this portable basketball hoop when shipping the order to the continental 48 United States.
This portable basketball system features a 52 inch polycarbonate backboard. Polycarbonate backboards are stronger than acrylic backboards. They also produce a superior rebound when compared with plastic backboards. The 90015 also features the Action Grip height adjuster. This adjust allows you to change the basketball rim height from 7.5 feet to 10 feet just by squeezing and moving handle. The rim is the Slam-it model from Lifetime Products, which features a dual-spring compression mechanism to help hold up to aggressive basketball play.
Lifetime Portable Basketball Goals 90015 Features and Specs:
52 inch Backboard
- Backboard made of polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate produces a better rebound than plastic and is stronger than acrylic.
- Backboard thickness: 3 mm.
- Backboard frame material: steel.
- Backboard frame thickness: 1 inch.
- Rim is the Slam-it model from Lifetime Products. Uses a dual-spring compression mechanism to mount to the backboard.
- Backboard dimensions: 52 inches wide x 33 inches high.
Pole and Portable Base
- 3 piece, 3.5-inch round pole.
- Pole material: steel.
- Portable bases holds 35 gallons of sand or water.
- Portable base has wheels to help maneuver the system into the desired location.
- 3.5 inch steel pole is the largest round pole available from Lifetime Products.
- Pole uses the Action Grip height-adjustment and mounting mechanism.
- Action Grip allows you to adjust the height of the basketball rim from 7.5 feet to 10 feet.
Other Features and Specs
- Portable basketball goal comes with a 50 gram all-weather net.
- Lifetime Products warranties this system for 5 years on all parts, top to bottom.
- Graphics are UV treated to help avoid fading.
- All steel framing parts and the pole are powder coated to help resist rusting.
- Product made in the U. S. A.
- No tools required for raising and lowering the pole.
- Package weighs about 104 lbs.
- For most shipments, this portable basketball system will ship via FedEx.
- Orders generally leave the warehouse within 2 business days.
- Expected transit time, after the basketball system leaves the warehouse, is typically 3-6 business days, depending on proximity to the warehouse in Clearfield, UT.
- Package Dimensions: 52.50 inches x 34 inches x 10.38 inches.
Should I use sand or water to weigh down my Portable Basketball Hoop?
Customers using a Lifetime portable basketball goal have had successful and enjoyable uses whether they use sand or water. Both of them weigh down the system well enough to shoot hoops and play basketball games. Where you may want to consider one or the other is in considering your intended use. Customers who expect casual ball playing only would likely benefit from using the lighter material, water, which is often cheaper and easier to fill the base with. A customer that expects more aggressive play, would likely want to consider sand. Sand increases the weight of the base considerably above the weight if you had filled the base with water. Sand generally increases the portable bases weight by about 1.69 times the weight of it filled with water. This factor will likely vary, depending on the density of your sand. The point being, sand means a heavier and more stable base than water; but water means your base is lighter and easier to move around if the need arose.