Spalding's basketball systems are not just about the brand name, but about the features that make the system work for you. The 88454G features a 54-inch tempered glass backboard. Glass provides the most rigid shooting surface for a backboard in the market as it provides the very best rebound. The rim height is adjustable up and down using the U-Turn lift mechanism from 7.5-feet to 10-feet allowing even young players to begin enjoying the game of basketball from a very young age. This system also includes a factory warranty from Spalding ensuring you a long life of use. Order your in-ground basketball goals here.
- Backboard dimensions: 54 inches W x 32 inches H.
- Backboard material: tempered glass.
- Comes with the Pro-Image breakaway rim.
- The pole is a 4x4 inch square post.
- Pole assembly: 2 pieces.
- Powder coated steel helps pole resist rusting.
- Made from 11 gauge steel.
- Includes ground sleeve for easy installation and removal of the pole in and out of the ground.
- Pole cap included to help prevent rain water for getting inside pole.
- Color: black.
- Rim height adjustable from 7.5 ft to 10 ft using the U-Turn mechanism.
- The U-Turn height adjustment mechanism uses a turn crank.
- U-Turn has a removable handle to prevent product tampering.
Other Specs and Features:
- Includes manufacturer warranty.
- Assembly required.
Both of these systems are great for home use. However, they have 2 significant differences. First the backboard on the 88365 is acrylic and the backboard on the 88454G is tempered glass. Tempered glass provides a much better rebound compared to acrylic. Acrylic tends to hold up better to more abusive conditions (flying objects for instance). The second difference is the pole structure. The 88365 has a 3-piece pole and the 88454G has a 2-piece pole. Fewer pole pieces helps reduce movement in the system, making the system more rigid.