The Spalding 88354 in ground baskeball system is a great system for beginning players. This system allows you to adjust the backboard easily using the Pro-Glide Lift, which is much easier to use than the traditional broom stick method. Simply grab the handle and lift the hoop up or lower it down in 6 inch increments, and release the handle to hold the system in place. This system features a 48 inch polycarbonate backboard. Polycarbonate provides a more professional look when compared to plastic backboards, and is considered to be about 30 times stronger than Acrylic backboards.
Includes the manufacturer's warranty from Spalding. 1-year warranty on all parts, except the backboard and a 5-year warranty on the backboard.
Spalding InGround Basksetball Hoops 88354PR 48 inch Polycarbonate Backboard Features and Specs:
- 48 inch polycarbonate backboard provides better aesthetics than plastic backboards, and more strength than acrylic backboards.
- Steel framed for added stability.
- Lower Backboard pad included to help protect players.
- Backboard offset about 16 inches from the pole.
- Slam Jam rim included. Strong unit to withstand aggressive play. Also comes with an All-Weather net.
- The pole is a 3.5-inch diameter round pole.
- Pole assembly: 3 pieces.
- Powder coated steel helps pole resist rusting.
- Includes ground sleeve for easy installation and removal of the pole in and out of the ground.
- Pole cap included to help prevent rain water for getting inside pole.
- Color: black.
- Rim height adjustable from 7.5 ft to 10 ft in 6-inch increments using the Pro Glide mechanism.
- The Pro Glide height adjustment mechanism uses a handle mounted to the back of the pole.
Other Specs and Features:
- Includes manufacturer warranty.
- Assembly required.
- Shipping Weight is about 88 lbs.
- Shipping Dimensions are 53 inches x 33 inches x 7 inches.