Lifetime Portable Basketball Hoops - 51550 Front Court System - 48-inch Polycarbonate Backboard.
- Dimensions: 48 inches W x 30 inches H.
- Backboard material: Makrolon polycarbonate.
- Backboard thickness: 2.5 mm (.09 inches).
- Backboard frame material: high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic.
- Frame thickness: 2 inches.
- Backboard graphics are fade-resistant.
- Backboard to pole clearance: 18 inches.
Orange Slam-It Rim
- Regulation-sized rim, 18-inch diameter.
- Rim uses a double-spring compression mount.
- This rim holds up well to aggressive play.
- Rim color: orange.
- Includes all-weather, white net.
- Net is a standard 12-loop net.
- Net weight: 50 grams.
- Net attaches to rim via welded metal hooks. No plastic clips.
Pole and Height Adjuster
- Pole size and shape: 3-piece, 3-inch round pole.
- Pole color: black.
- Uses a Speed Shift to adjust the backboard up and down.
- Comes with a basketball pole pad to help protect players from impact with the pole.
- The Speed Shift uses a single handle that uses squeeze trigger to activate the mechanism.
- Rim height adjusts from 8-feet to 10-feet in 6-inch increments.
- Easily adjusted up and down.
Other Specs and Features
- Portable base can be filled with sand or water.
- Portable base size: 31 gallons.
- Base footprint: 46.75 inches L x 30 inches W.
- Pole color: black.
- Weight of the base when filled with water: about 248 lbs.
- Typically, filling the base with sand makes the base weigh about 1.5 times more than filling the base with water. This weight factor will change depending on the density of your sand.
- Shipping weight: 92 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 48.7 inches x 32.8 inches x 10.3 inches.
- Includes a 5-year warranty on all parts of the system from Lifetime Products for United States and Canada customers.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.
The Lifetime 51550 Portable Basketball Goal System is both a fun and economic choice for any family. This portable basketball system comes with a 48" Shatter Proof Fusion Backboard with UV protected graphics to prevent yellowing and fading. Shatter Proof backboards are made of Makrolon Polycarbonate which is virtually unbreakable and many times stronger than acrylic. Weather resistant features include powder coated steel, UV-protected backboard and a high density polyethylene portable roller base. The Speed Shift adjustable height mechanism makes it possible for players of any age or skill to adjust the height . Being that it is portable, you can move it to any desired location and you dont have to pour cement or wait for it to dry. All you have to do is fill the base with sand or water and you are ready to shoot some hoops.
This basketball system comes with a 5-year warranty from Lifetime Products for United States and Canada customers.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product!
This portable basketball hoop ships via FedEx for a doorstep delivery. No signature required. Fast Shipping! Orders generally leave the warehouse within 1 business day.
Watch this video below to see this in a driveway. Looking for a new way to get exercise with the kids or friends? Play the convenience of your own home on your own schedule with this portable basketball goal.
Is this a good system for a younger child?
Yes. This is an excellent beginner level basketball hoop. The adjustability of this backboard system allows the rim height to be set as low as 8-feet, allowing even young children to reach the rim and start learning to shoot.
Should I use sand or water to fill the base of this portable basketball hoop?
Either option is fine. When filling the base with sand, the weight of the base is typically about 1.5 times the weight as when the base is filled with water (depends on the density of the sand you use). A base filled with sand will typically provide greater stability, but will also be more difficult to move around.
Can a young child raise and lower the backboard height?
The Speed Shift height adjuster allows the backboard to be moved up and down typically using just one hand. The mechanism is a little higher off the ground, about 75-inches off the ground when the handle it at its highest position (the backboard is at its lowest position when the handle is up high).
Hoop chute: ideal for personal practice time. The hoop chute directs made shots back towards the player.
Looking for the owner’s manual, instruction manual, or care instructions for 51550? Click here to download and view the manual and assembly directions. It will show you how to assemble this product with a description as well as an illustration. This manual may also include a list for replacement parts and an 800 number for assembly assistance as well as a list of tools needed. It should also include safety and precautionary measures to get the best and longest use of your product.