LifetimePortable Basketball Goals - 71281 Polycarbonate 52 Inch Backboard.
- Dimensions: 52 in. (1.3 m) x 33 in. (83.8 cm) x 1 in. (2.5 cm)
- Backboard Frame: 1-inch steel
- Extension Arm Type: (the arms that attach the backboard to the pole) Y-bracket assembly with straight tube arms gives strength and durability.
- Backboard Material: Makrolon Polycarbonate (clear see-through)
- Backboard Thickness: 3 mm.
- UV Backboard Graphics:Yes. Ensures graphics and borders won't fade over time.
- Backboard Frame Pad:Includes backboard frame pad to help protect players from impact.
- Overhang Distance: 22" from front of pole to back of backboard.
- Regulation-size rim (18" diameter).
- True breakaway rim mount.
- Dunking: Yes. This rim holds up very well to aggressive play.
- Net included: Yes. Net is a standard 12-loop net.
- Net attachment: Attaches to rim via welded metal hooks like in the NBA. No plastic clips.
Height Adjuster Mechanism
- Height Adjustment Type: Uses the Action Grip height adjuster invented by Lifetime Products.
- Adjustment Details: One handed lift system for convenient adjusting. Allows for both children and adults to play.
- Rim Adjustment Heights: 7.5-feet to 10-feet in 6-Inch increments.
- Pole Diameter: 3-sections, 3.5-inches round with pole cap to prevent rain in pole.
- Pole Material: Steel with powder-coated finish to prevent rusting.
- Pole Color: Black
- Main Pole Shape: Round.
- Pole Pad: Sold Separately – Part # 0602 Click here to view.
- Ground Sleeve: Sold Separately. Allows owner to remove the pole from the ground rather than cementing pole into ground permanently. Part #0023
- Anchor Kit: Not necessary. The pole on this system goes directly into the concrete. It does not bolt down.
- Inground Pole Diameter: 3.5" Round
Other Specs and Features
- 3-piece pole goes directly into concrete or you can use a sleeve.
- Footprint:Inground footprint is approximately 18" diameter.
- Warranty: 5-year warranty on all parts of the system from Lifetime Products.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.
The 71281 is an in-ground basketball goal system constructed of weather resistant materials like powder coated steel and a 52" UV protected Shatter Proof Makrolon Polycarbonate backboard. Makrolon Polycarbonate makes the backboard virtually unbreakable and many times stronger than acrylic. The steel backboard frame improves the rigidity of the backboard, which also improves rebound. A Slam-It rim with double compression springs allows for competitive dunking or friendly competition. Power Lift Adjustment mechanism allows for easy height adjustments with just the squeeze of a handle so the whole family can play with this system for years to come.
A major difference among Lifetime Basketball goals is in the frame of the backboard. Lifetime produces 2 different types of basketball backboard frames. One type is a plastic frame; and the other is a steel frame. In some cases, two different model numbers of Lifetime basketball hoops will appear to have very similar specs with very different prices. If a customer notices a stark difference in price like this, the difference is typically due to a difference in backboard frame material, steel being the more expensive option. The Lifetime 71281 basketball goal has a steel frame.
Shipping is free within the 48 States.
- Shipping weight: 86 lbs.
- Number of boxes for this product: 1 box.
- Shipping dimensions: 54.5 inches x 34.31 inches x 5.69 inches.
- Ships via: FedEx or UPS. Doorstep delivery. No signature required for most residential addresses.
- Lead Time: Generally ships out within 48 hours.
- Shipping can take between 3 to 10 days depending on your location. Item ships from Clearfield, Utah.
- Tracking numbers: Tracking information is automatically emailed to you once the order ships out.
Damaged shipments are extremely rare. Should anything be damaged upon arrival please note that with the driver or refuse shipment. We'll send out a replacement at no cost to you and we'll file the freight claim making it a painless process for you.
If you don't see the answer to your question please email us and we'll post it. firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the differences between How difficult is assembly?
Most customers assemble their systems themselves without a problem. Some handyman services may be available in your area to assist with assembly if needed. Assembly is best done with at least 2 people working on the product together. Lifetime Products does have a customer service line with representatives that are trained in installation questions that can also be of assistance.
Can I make this portable in the future if I choose to change it?
Unfortunately, no. That's not possible. You can convert most portables to become inground, but not inground to become portable.
0023 Inground Sleeve for 3.5" Lifetime Systems: This ground sleeve allows you to remove your pole. You cement it instead of your pole and then slide your pole into the sleeve. You can remove it if you move or if you need to replace your pole in the future.
Lifetime Basketball Accessories - 0501 Hoop Chute Basketball Ball Return: This hoop chute attaches to your regulation-sized rim and directs made shots back to the front of the system. This product is great for free throw practice when shooting alone.
Lifetime Basketball Accessories - Court Marking Kit Accessory Model 0900: The Lifetime 0900 Driveway Basketball court marking kit is great for your outdoor basketball court at playgrounds, churches, schools, and even your very own driveway.
Lifetime Basketball Accessories 0602 Black 3.5 in. Round Pole Pad: Protect players from impacting directly with the pole of your basketball system with this 0602 basketball pole pad from the Lifetime Products. This pole pad fits 3.5-inch round poles and covers 48-inches of vertical pole distance. Made with all-weather vinyl.
Lifetime Basketball Roll Back Net - 12347 Ball Return Net: Get more out of your basketball shooting practice using this basketball net ball return to help rebound your shots. This ball return net attaches to the basketball system, extends down in front of the pole, and anchors to the court using two Nylon bags.
Permanet Steel Basketball Net: Residential Permanet Nets are identical in appearance to the commercial permanets but of a smaller diameter cable bringing manufacturing costs down yet the nets still provide superior performance with the same feature set as Permanet for the home user.
Spalding Basketball Ball - 63-249e Nba Outdoor Official Size Basketball: This ball is manufactured with a durable rubber shield so it will last for a lengthy time interval, regardless of how tough the flooring surface is. This ball's deep networks and pebbled outer masking presents you with an outstanding grip and operates jointly with a continuous and dependable bounce.
Spalding Hexigrip NeverFlat Basketball 74-833E 29.5-inches: Guaranteed to retain air in the ball for up to 1 year, the 74-833E hexigrip. Official NBA® size and weight. Premium soft grip technology cover allows for a better grip and feel.
Check back later as videos are made available frequently. Feel free to share with us your video.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product!!!
Please note that items must be in their original packaging and in the original condition for this return policy to apply. Also, please be sure to contact us within 30 days of receipt. Lastly, if you are unsure whether this product will fit your needs please contact a customer service expert toll free at 866-308-5484.
Looking for the owner’s manual, instruction manual, or care instructions for 71281? Click here to download and view the manual and assembly directions. It will show you how to assemble this product with a description as well as an illustration. This manual may also include a list for replacement parts and an 800 number for assembly assistance as well as a list of tools needed. It should also include safety and precautionary measures to get the best and longest use of your product.