The 71281 is an in-ground basketball goal system constructed of weather resistant materials like powder coated steel and a 52" UV protected Shatter Proof Makrolon Polycarbonate backboard. Makrolon Polycarbonate makes the backboard virtually unbreakable and many times stronger than acrylic. The steel backboard frame improves the rigidity of the backboard, which also improves rebound. A Slam-It rim with double compression springs allows for competitive dunking or friendly competition. Power Lift Adjustment mechanism allows for easy height adjustments with just the squeeze of a handle so the whole family can play with this system for years to come.
This basketball systems is also available as a portable basketball goal system - model 71286.
A major difference among Lifetime Basketball goals is in the frame of the backboard. Lifetime produces 2 different types of basketball backboard frames. One type is a plastic frame; and the other is a steel frame. In some cases, two different model numbers of Lifetime basketball hoops will appear to have very similar specs with very different prices. If a customer notices a stark difference in price like this, the difference is typically due to a difference in backboard frame material, steel being the more expensive option. The Lifetime 71281 basketball goal has a steel frame.
Competitive Edge Products, Inc. is an authorized retailer of the Lifetime 71281 In Ground Basketball Goal System.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will hve the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product!
- Dimensions: 52 inches W x 33 inches H.
- Material: polycarbonate.
- Backboard frame: 1-inch steel.
- Comes with a regulation-dimaeter, 18-inch slam-it rim and all-weather white net.
- This rim uses a double-spring mount to help hold up to aggressive play.
- Rim color: orange.
- Net color: white.
- Standard 12 loop net design.
- Steel metal net hooks are welded to the rim. No plastic clips.
- Pole size: 3.5-inch round.
- Pole assembly: 3 pieces.
- Powder coated steel helps pole resist rusting.
- Pole cap included to help prevent rain water for getting inside pole.
- Color: black.
- Height adjusts using Power Lift mechanism.
- Rim height adjusts from 7.5 feet to 10 feet in infinite increments.
- Power Lift mechanism uses a handle on the back of the pole to raise and lower the hoop.
- This mechanism can typically be operated with just one hand.
Other Specs and Features:
- Comes with a 5-year warranty from Lifetime Products.
- Shipment weight: 86 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 54.5 inches x 34.31 inches x 5.69 inches.
This product ships via FedEx. The warehouse is located in Clearfield, Utah. Fast Shipping! Orders for this product generally leave the warehouse within 1 business day. Delivery of the product is a doorstep delivery. No signture required.
A ground sleeve is useful for installation of the basketball system if you think that you will need to remove the system at some point; examples: you are going to move soon, and you want to take the system with you, or you want to take the system down for part of the year.
A great training aid for baskteball shooting practice when shooting for the same position in front of the system is a basketball hoop chute.
How difficult is assembly?
Most customers assemble their systems themselves without a problem. Some handy-man serivces may be available in your area to assist with assembly if needed. Assemby is best done with at least 2 people working on the product together. Lifetime Products does havea customer service line with repressentatives that are trained in installation questions that can also be of assistance.