- Dimensions: 42 inches W x about 30 inches H.
- Backboard frame: high-density polyethylene plastic.
- Backboard frame thickness: 2 inches.
- Backboard material: acrylic.
- Backboard thickness: 2.25 mm (0.09 inches).
- Backboard features fade-resistant graphics.
- Lower edge of the backboard is covered with a blow-molded guard to protect players from direct impact with the backboard material.
- Black Classic rim, regulation a 18-inch diameter.
- Rim uses a static mount.
- Rim diameter: 5/8-inch.
- Includes all-weather, white net.
- Net weight: 50 grams.
- Net attaches to rim via welded metal hooks. No plastic clips.
Pole and Height Adjuster
- Uses a telescoping pole mechanism to raise and lower the rim height.
- Pole size: 2.75-inch round.
- Pole construction: 3 pieces.
- Pole color: black.
- The telescoping pole is activated a sit screw with a knob for easy turning. The screw is removed or loosened and the pole will then slide up and down in 6-inch increments.
- This mechanism is designed to be used with adult supervision.
- Rim height adjusts from 7.5-feet to 10-feet in 6-inch increments.
Other Specs and Features
- Portable base can be filled with sand or water.
- Portab le base footprint: 30 inches W x 43.25 inches D.
- Portable base size: 27 gallons.
- Approximate weight of the base when filled with water: 216 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 56 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 44.5 inches x 34.5 inches x 7.75 inches.
- Includes a 5-year warranty from Lifetime Products on all parts of the system for customers in the United States and Canada.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.
The Lifetime 1270 Portable Basketball Goal System is both a fun and economic choice for any family. This portable basketball system comes with a 42" Acrylic Fusion Backboard with UV protected graphics to prevent yellowing and fading. A telescoping pole with adjustable height makes it a great choice for the whole family, and being that it is portable, you can move it to any desired location and you do not have to pour cement or wait for it to dry. All you have to do is fill the base with sand or water and you are ready to shoot some hoops.
Lifetime Products warranties this portable basketball hoop for 5 years for customers in the United States and Canada. All metal components of this system are powder coated to help resist rusting, making this goal great for outdoor use. This system is great for both younger and older players.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product! Please note that the product must be received back in resalable condition to qualify.
This portable basketball hoop ships via FedEx for a doorstep delivery. No signature required. Fast Shipping! Orders generally leave the warehouse within 1 business day.
Should I fill the portable base with sand or water?
That depends entirely on how much weight you think you will need to hold up to how the system will be used. As noted on the product, when filled with water, the base weighs about 216 lbs. When filling the base with sand, the base typically weighs about 1.5 times the weight of the base filled with water, depending on the density of the sand you use. Note that the heavier the base, the sturdier the system; but, the system will also be more difficult to move.
What should I do if the product arrives damaged?
These basketball systems ship brand new, directly from Lifetime Products. If the basketball system arrives in any other condition than brand new, the package was damaged in transit. If at all possible, refuse the delivery from FedEx. If refusal is not possible, take a couple of pictures of the system and give us a call. We will get the damage reported to Lifetime - who does all of the claim work with FedEx - and have them expedite a reshipment of the product as soon as possible. Please note that in most cases, the packaging will get beat up a bit in transit, while the contents remain unharmed. If you are not sure if anything was damaged inside, carefully open the box and scan for anyting noticeable before unpackaging the rest of the system.
What is the difference between acrylic and polycarbonate backboards?
Both backboard materials are very common in this price range for basketball systems. Acrylic is said to be a more rigid material than polycarbonate, while polycarbaonate is said to be stronger than acrylic in the long run. In most any situation, you will not notice a difference between these two backboard materials.
What age group is this basketball hoop made for?
Due to the height adjustability of the rim, young players can use this system to start to develop their arm strength and shooting form. That said, the rim is height adjustable up to regulation height; so, even older players can practice shooting on at a regular height.
Is the 1270 a backboard only?
No, this is a complete system, including a backboard, rim, pole, and base.
The hoop chute model 0501 helps direct made shots back towards the shooter when shooting from the front angles of the basketball systm. This accessory is useful for personal practice.
The pole pad helps protect players from direct impact with the basketball pole.
Looking for coupons? Like us on Facebook for coupons and updates on new products. Coupons may be used towards accessories such as pole pads, ball returns, and basketballs.
Daily give-aways up to $20 just for liking us.