The Kodiak 6051 Hydra-Shield Canvas Tent makes camping a breeze. Easy to read instructions and one person set-up. This 10 x 10 canvas tent sleeps up to 6 adults, side by side. The Hydra-Shield canvas keeps rain and moisture out, and lets the fabric breathe, which minimizes condensation on the inside walls of the tent. The Kodiak 6051 Hydra Shield Canvas Tents also come with poles made of sturdy cast aluminum.
Kodiak Canvas tents have a very similar design to Springbar tents but Kodiak Canvas tents were not made to be a cheap imitation of a Springbar tent rather an improved evolution. Kodiak Canvas tents are made with top of the line materials and components including heavy duty zippers. In a head to head comparison you will get comparable canvas and frame. However, Kodiak Canvas gives you features you do not get in Springbar, such as Double Doors, 16 oz vinyl floor (Springbar has 9 oz), heavy duty 12 inch steel rod stakes, etc. You get a great value at an affordable price with Kodiak Canvas camping tents.
The floor of the tent is a made of a super-duty 16 oz vinyl that is reinforced by laminating it with a polyester mesh. It is similar to what is used in some above ground swimming pools. It is completely waterproof. There is a seam in the floor where two sections vinyl are weld-sewn together.
Local pickup available in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Canvas Camping Tent Packaging Includes:
Manual Included in packaging and will contain list of additional parts and features.
The 6051 Kodiak tent comes with a limited lifetime warranty through the manufacturer, Kodiak Canvas. Details included in the packaging.
Kodiak Canvas Tent Specs:
- Kodiak Tent Floor Size -10x10 ft.
- Kodiak Wall Tent Capacity - Up to 6 adults (4 very comfortably).
- Seasons - 3.5 (Will hold up in snow but not designed for heavy accumulations).
- Ceiling Height- 6-feet 6-inches.
- Weight - 68 lbs (includes 6.5 lbs in tent stakes).
- Ceiling Fabric - 10 oz 100% Cotton Canvas Hydra-Shield.
- Wall Fabric - 8.5 oz 100% Cotton Canvas Hydra-Shield.
- Canvas Tent with Floor Material - 16 oz Vinyl. Polyester reinforced.
- Screen Material - Heavy Duty 50 D Polyester No-See-Um mesh.
- Poles - 1" Galvanized steel tube.
- Stakes - 12" Steel Solid Rod (3/8" Diameter).
- Stake Loops - Nylon Strap Webbing (Accommodate Oversized Stakes).
Bright Path Enterprises Kodiak Tent Features
- 2 (back and front) D-Shaped doors. #10 Zippers - the best zippers you can put on a tent.
- 2 Large Windows. #8 Zippers.
- 72x78" Awning.
- Exterior guy-out points on top 4 corners for added security in strong winds.
- Included tent bag with carry handle. Separate Pole bag.
Get fast shipping! Orders generally leave the warehouse within 1 business day. The Kodiak canvas tent 6051 ships from the warehouse in Salt Lake City, Utah via FedEx for a doorstep delivery. No signature required for residential shipments.
How do Kodiak Canvas Tents compare with cheaper competitor canvas tents?
The first thing is that Kodiak Canvas is the Cadillac of canvas tents so you may invest a little more for a lot more quality.
One thing to compare is the tent weight. Some competitor 12x9 tents weigh about 69 lbs. This Kodiak Canvas tent weighs 68 lbs. That is 20% more tent for your money.
Other canvas tents are 8 oz. Kodiak Canvas is 8.5 and 10 oz on the roof. Canvas is tricky because there are a lot of factors other than just weight. Kodiak Canvas has a silicone treatment that is breathable and very durable (i.e. it will be waterproof for years and years of use) and will not wick (draw moisture from the outside when you rub against it on the inside).
Other canvas tents have the same center height 7.5 ft (90 inch ) but the side walls on the Kodiak Canvas tent are 5.5 ft and others are 4 ft. That is going to make a huge difference on inside room and comfort.
This floor is a super heavy 16 oz vinyl with welded seams - almost unheard of in tents.
On competitor canvas tents the 90 degree angle connector poles are a common failure point. Kodiak Canvas tents are reinforced with a welded brace and heavy duty tubing.
What are the differences between the 6055 Kodiak Tent and the 6051 Kodiak canvas tent?
These tents are very similar in design and features. The only noticeable difference in construction is the 6055 has air vents at the top, whereas the 6051 does not. The other difference, which is minor, is the carrying bag for the 6055 is a little bit fancier in that it uses a cinch and click mechanism to close up the bag, whereas the 6051 does not.