Kodiak Canvas Tent 6051 Six-Person 10 x 10 Ft. Tent
Free shipping to the lower 48 States. We do not charge sales tax to customers outside of Utah where we are located.
You are probably here because you are tired of your cheap nylon tent, you've seen one of these in person and gotta have one, or you are headed for the hills and need a tent you can purchase that will last a lifetime. You've come to the right place. We've been selling these tents for upwards of 7 years and they really do hold up as well as advertised. Notice the incredible reviews, good and bad to make an informed decision. We also have videos to guide you through the decision process. Because these tents outlast other brands we recommend ensuring that you are getting the right size. Do you get the larger 10x14 deluxe or the smaller 9x8? Or perhaps the 6011vx with all the extra windows? Maybe windows isn't important and you simply need a 10x10 to get the job done at an affordable price. Whether you are a hunter, angler, outdoor enthusiast, or a casual camper we've got a size and model to fit your needs. And please keep in mind we have expert sales reps who will not pressure you into buying or upgrading. We believe the tent sells itself and we are here to help should you have any questions.
Kodiak 6051 Hydra-Shield Canvas Tent makes camping a breeze. Easy to read instructions and one person set-up. This 10 x 10 canvas tent sleeps up to 6 adults, side by side. The Hydra-Shield canvas keeps rain and moisture out, and lets the fabric breathe, which minimizes condensation on the inside walls of the tent. The Kodiak 6051 Hydra Shield Canvas Tents also come with poles made of sturdy cast aluminum.
This tent includes a limited lifetime warranty from Kodiak.
Kodiak Canvas Tent Basic 6051 10x10 Features and Specs:
- Approx Weight: 68 lbs (Includes tent, poles, stakes, and storage bags).
- Ceiling Material: 10 oz Hydra-shield™ cotton canvas.
- Wall Material: 8.5 oz Hydra-Shield™ cotton canvas.
- Floor Material: 16 oz vinyl. Polyester reinforced.
- Frame: 1-inch, galvanized, steel tubing.
- Flex-Bow Rods: 3/8-inch, solid, spring steel.
- All-Season: Can be used year-round but not designed for harsh winter mountaineering.
- Warranty: Lifetime limited warranty.
- Kodiak Tent Floor Size -10x10 ft. Stake Loops - Nylon Strap Webbing (Accommodate Oversized Stakes).
- Kodiak Wall Tent Capacity - Up to 6 adults (4 very comfortably).
- Seasons - 3.5 (Will hold up in snow but not designed for heavy accumulations.).
- Ceiling Height- 6 6".
- Weight - 68 lbs (includes 6.5 lbs in tent stakes).
- Ceiling Fabric - 10 oz 100% Cotton Canvas Hydra-Shield.
- Wall Fabric - 8.5 oz 100% Cotton Canvas Hydra-Shield.
- Canvas Tent with Floor Material - 16 oz Vinyl. Polyester reinforced.
- Screen Material - Heavy Duty 50 D Polyester No-See-Um mesh.
- Poles - 1" Galvanized steel tube.
- Stakes - 12" Steel Solid Rod (3/8" Diameter).
This product ships from the warehouse in Salt Lake City, Utah via FedEx for a doorstep delivery. No signature required for most residential addresses.
- Shipping weight: 68 lbs.
- Number of boxes for this product: 1 Box (if ordering other accessories such as tarps and vestibules they will ship in separate boxes).
- Shipping dimensions: approximate 48"x18"x18"
- Ships via: FedEx or UPS. Doorstep delivery. No signature required for most residential addresses. If you are worried about the safety of your package please request a signature during checkout in "Special Instructions" at no extra cost to you. In such a case someone will need to be home to sign for the package. Contact us with any concerns.
- Lead Time: Generally ships out same day if ordered by Noon Mountain Standard Time. Shipping can take between 3 to 10 days depending on your location. Item ships from Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Tracking numbers: Tracking information is automatically emailed to you once the order ships out.
Damaged shipments are extremely rare. Should anything be damaged upon arrival please note that with the driver if possible or refuse shipment. We'll send out a replacement shipment or parts as required at no cost to you and we'll file the freight claim making it a painless process for you.
How many cots can I fit inside this tent?
There are many different kinds sizes in cots. In fact, there are some bunkbed style cots as well. This tent can accommodate four of the average cost sizes very comfortably. It can also fit a queen-size mattress and then another cotton or two.
What is the difference between this 6051 and the other tent models 6010 and 6011vx?
The Model 6051 is considered the basic model. The weight of the canvas on the walls, floor, and roof are the same between each of these tents. In other words, the fundamentals are the same. The model 6010 is a step up because it includes four windows instead of two, includes a gear loft as opposed to no loft, includes a cinch and strap carrying back as opposed to a duffel-style bag, and includes air flow vents near the roof as opposed to no air flow vents. The model number 6011vx includes all of those options as well, but has a total of six windows. That is, 6011 vx has the most features. It has everything that the model 6010 has, but also has two more windows (a total of 6).
Do I really need this season?
Treating the tent and seasoning the tent are two different processes. This tent is already treated with an above-industry waterproofing system. On the other hand, seasoning the tent refers to spraying it lightly with water once it has been set up for the first time. The first time dries the fibers so they will shrink and tighten to make it a 100% waterproofed tent. Some customers do not season the tent and they still don't get water inside. It is just an extra step /precaution to make sure you have a great camping experience while keeping dry.
Can I put it a wood burning stove inside the tent?
The manufacturer does not recommend using any combustible heat source for liability reasons. A wood burning stove requires a flu and any modifications to the tent void the warranty.
What do I do if something is damaged or defective?
If something is damaged or defective please give us a call and we will send out any parts or a complete unit if necessary.
Do you plan on keeping the tent outside for extended periods of time? Please click on the following link to view the extended care instructions to preserve the tent. Extended Use Care for Kodiak Tents
Kodiak Ground Tarp for 10' Tents:
Great for kodiak tent owners who are camping on unusually rough surfaces. No need to worry about sharp rocks, twigs, or other objects that could puncture any tent when using this ground tarp.
Vestibule Wing for Kodiak 10' Canvas Tents:The wing vestibule accessory will enhance your awning’s leisure area by providing additional shade, and protection from wind and rain. Large awning measuring 4’ Deep x 6’ Wide with a height of 72”
Lifetime Camp Tables - 80188 Hunter Green Sport Table and Bench:Lifetime Folding Picnic Table Bench Seats will enhance your camping experiences.
Demonstration done by one of our customers.
10x10 Kodiak Tent Comparison Chart
6011 Super Deluxe
Ceiling Material 10 oz Canvas
Wall Material 8.5 oz Canvas
Floor Material 16 oz Polyester Reinforced
12-inch Stakes and 1-inch Diameter Poles
Number of Windows
Gear Loft, Extra Gear Pockets, Premium Storage Bag
Ground Tarp Included
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Airflow vents in roof (N/A on 6011 Super Deluxe)
View the tent model
This table was created with Compare Ninja.
If something is damaged or defective we will send out replacement parts immediately and at no cost.
If you still need to return this product returns are accepted within 30 days of receipt. Please see our return policy for more details.
Please note that items must be in their original packaging and in the original condition for this return policy to apply. Please be sure to contact us within 30 days of receipt. Lastly, if you are unsure whether this product will fit your needs please contact a customer service expert toll free at 866-308-5484. Also, please note that this special 30-day return policy applies to this product, but not to every product on our site.