Lifetime Storage Sheds Accessories - 60011 Extreme Weather Kit.
Note that this kit provides sufficient reinforcement parts for an 8x10 shed. In other words, you will have more than enough parts for 8-foot wide storage shed from Lifetime for any length shorter than 10 feet, and not enough parts for any length longer than 10 feet. You can order additional snow load kits to reinforce the roof trusses here; all other parts needed for sheds longer than 10 feet will need to be purchased directly through Lifetime Products - 1-800-225-3865.
This kit is not compatible with Lifetime garden sheds (sheds with the entry on the length side of the shed instead of the 8-foot sides), on 7-foot wide sheds, storage buildings (sheds with an 11-foot width), or models 60086 and 60085./p>
Make your Lifetime shed even tougher with this extreme weather kit accessory. The 60011 is designed to help reinforce the roof trusses, walls, doors, and floor. Steel channels increase the ability of the shed to withstand heavier snow fall and higher winds. In fact, adding this kit to your 8-foot wide Lifetime shed will help your building actually exceed wind pressure requirements for Dade County, Florida. This Lifetime shed weather kit has sufficient components to reinforce 3 trusses, which is enough to support the trusses of the 6405 Lifetime storage shed. So, if you live in an area where you get frequent heavy snow loads or high winds or both, consider getting this extreme weather kit for your 8-foot wide shed.
Lifetime Shed 60011 Extreme Weather Kit Features and Specs:
Extreme weather kit features and specs
- Comes with 8 steel wall reinforcement channels.
- Improves the wall wind pressure rating from 65 mph to 94 mph.
- Comes with 8 steel door reinforcements.
- 11 floor anchor mounting brackets for doors, trusses, and back wall.
- Please note that anchor bolts are not included. Consult a contractor to determine what bolts you will need for your shed.
- 3 brackets to reinforce the roof trusses.
- Roof brackets increase the snow load capacity from 23 pounds per square foot to 30 pounds per square foot.
- 4 Gable-to-truss supports.
- 2 reinforcement door latches.
- 12 roof reinforcement screws per truss.
- Comes with a 10-year warranty from Lifetime Products.
Important purchasing points for this Lifetime shed weather kit
- Customers living in extreme weather conditions will want to consider this weather kit.
- Customers living under normal to moderate weather conditions will most likely not need this kit. Consult a contractor in your area for specific recommendations.
- Includes roof reinforcements for up to 3 trusses, enough for the 6405 Lifetime shed.
- If your Lifetime shed is longer than the 6405, which is 8 x 10 feet, you will need additional snow load kits for the roof trusses.
- This kit is only compatible with Lifetime branded storage sheds.
- This weather kit cannot be used with Lifetime garden sheds; these sheds have the entry on the length side of the shed instead of the 8-foot side of the shed.
- Total snow load weight on the roof of the shed after adding this kit is 2400 lbs. of evenly distributed weight for an 8 x 10 foot shed.
- This weather kit is not compatible with 11-foot wide Lifetime storage buildings.
Looking for the owner’s manual, instruction manual, or care instructions for 60011? Click here to download and view the manual and assembly directions. It will show you how to assemble this product with a description as well as an illustration. This manual may also include a list for replacement parts and an 800 number for assembly assistance as well as a list of tools needed. It should also include safety and precautionary measures to get the best and longest use of your product.
Looking for coupons? Like us on Facebook for coupons and updates on new products. Coupons may be used towards any of our products or accessories including shelving, peg strips, weather kits, extensions, snow load kits, and more.