Lifetime Basketball Backboards - 90086 50-inch Polycarbonate Backboard and Rim Combo.
Lifetime basketball backboards model 90086 features a 50-inch polycarbonate backboard. This backboard is great as a replacement for an existing Lifetime backboard, or as a starting backboard for your home basketball court. If you are using this as a replacement backboard from your Lifetime basketball system, please contact us before ordering to verify compatibility. The rim on this model is the Slam-It Pro, providing you a rigid rim able to withstand aggressive play.
Lifetime Products warranties this backboard and rim combo with 5-year warranty.
This backboard system comes with the backboard, the Slam-It Pro breakaway rim, and an all-weather white net. Brackets to mount this backboard to a wall, pole, or roof top are sold separately.
Lifetime Basketball Backboard 90086 Features and Specs:
- This is just a backboard and rim combo. Mounting brackets are sold separately.
- Backboard dimensions: 50 inches W x 30 inches H.
- Backboard material of construction: Makrolon polycarbonate.
- Polycarbonate backboards are up to 30 times stronger than comparably-sized acrylic backboards.
- Backboard material thickness: 2.5 mm.
- Includes regulation size, 18-inch rim.
- Backboard frame material: high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic.
- Backboard frame thickness: 2-inches.
- Basketball net weight: 70 grams.
- Overall backboard weight: about 35 lbs.
- Made in the U. S. A. with US and imported parts.
- Includes white, all-weather net.
- Slam-it, double-spring compression rim.
- Rim color: orange.
- Includes backboard frame pad.
- Frame pad material: high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic.
Get fast shipping! Orders for the 90086 Lifetime backboard and rim combo generally leave the warehouse in Clearfield, Utah within 2 business days. This product ships via FedEx for a doorstep delivery. No signature required for residential deliveries.
Steps to Check For Backboard Compatbility:
Below are questions to answer if you are purchasing this backboard as a replacement backboard for an existing system.
- Is your current basketball hoop made by Lifetime Products?
- Is the main pole of your system round or square?
- If your pole is round, is the diameter 3.5 inches (about an 11-inch circumference)?
- Where the mounting arms from the main pole meet your current backboard, do you see a Y-shaped bracket (looks like a capital letter Y)?
If you can answer "yes" to all of these questions, then any of our backboard and rim combos from Lifetime Products should work with your system. The only other caveat that may cause compatibility issues is the age of your system. If your system is over 7 years old, the Y-bracket on your current system may be too small. The newer Y-bracket is taller. If this is the case, you will need to contact Lifetime Products at 1-800-225-3865 to order a new Y-bracket so the backboard will work. The best way to determine if you need a new Y-bracket is to first order the backboard and then check to see if the backboard will fit your current Y-bracket before ordering a replacement bracket.
||Hoop Chute: This basketball hoop chute attaches to the rim and directs made shots out towards the player. This accessory is great for personal shooting practice when shooting from the front of your basketball system.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product!
This backboard has the option of mounting to a roof, wall, or 3.5" round pole with the Lifetime brackets shown on this chart. This chart shows each and every Lifetime backboard and rim combo available and the matching compatible Lifetime brackets. It also illustrates that Spalding brackets don't work with Lifetime backboards. If you have a Spalding backboard we encourage you to checkout the chart that shows the complete line of Spalding backboards and the compatible brackets.
Looking for the owner’s manual, instruction manual, or care instructions for 90086? Click here to download and view the manual and assembly directions. It will show you how to assemble this product with a description as well as an illustration. This manual may also include a list for replacement parts and an 800 number for assembly assistance as well as a list of tools needed. It should also include safety and precautionary measures to get the best and longest use of your product.