- Dimensions: 54 inches W x about 33 inches H.
- Backboard frame: powder-coated steel.
- Backboard frame thickness: 1.5 inches.
- Backboard material: Makrolon polycarbonate.
- Backboard thickness: 3.8 mm (0.15 inches).
- Backboard features fade-resistant graphics.
- Backboard to pole clearance: 22 inches.
- Lower edge of the backboard is covered with a blow-molded guard to protect players from direct impact with the backboard material.
- Straight-arm extension bracket mounts directly to the backboard frame; no Y-Bracket.
Slam-It Rim Pro
- Orange Slam-It PRO rim, regulation a 18-inch diameter.
- Rim uses a true breakaway mount.
- Rim diameter: 5/8-inch.
- Includes all-weather, white net.
- Net weight: 150 grams.
- Net attaches to rim via welded metal hooks. No plastic clips.
Pole and Height Adjuster
- Uses the Power LIft mechanism to raise and lower the rim height.
- Pole size: 3.5-inch round.
- Pole construction: 3 pieces.
- Pole color: gray.
- The Power Lift mechanism is a pneuamatic device.
- Power Lift is activated via a handle and trigger mounted to the back of the pole. Squeeze the trigger and move handle up and down to change the height of the backboard, releasing at any time in the movable range of the mechanism.
- This mechanism is designed to be used with adult supervision.
- Rim height adjusts from 7.5-feet to 10-feet in infinite increments.
Other Specs and Features
- Portable base can be filled with sand or water.
- Base footprint: 32.5 inches W x 49 inches D.
- Portable base size: 35 gallons.
- Approximate weight of the base when filled with water: 280 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 120 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 54.75 inches x 34.31 inches x 12.5 inches.
- Includes a 5-year warranty from Lifetime Products on all parts of the system for customers in the United States and Canada.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.
You are now viewing the top of the line portable basketball hoop from Lifetime Products. The 71522 features the largest portable base, the widest pole, the thickest backboard frame, the thickest backboard material, and the strongest rim of any of their portable basketball systems. The 35-gallon base can be filled with sand or water, and provides a sturdy weight offset for aggressive basketball play. The 3.5-inch diameter round pole is the widest pole used on any of their portable basketball goals. The wider the pole, the more stiff the system is when in use. Portable basketball hoops can have many different sizes and materials used for the backboard frame; the 71522 provides you the best frame in this price range. Made of powder-coated steel measuring 1.5-inches thick, this backboard frame is the thickest in this price range of basketball system. The thicker the frame, the better the backboard material support. The backboard itself provides the thickest material of any of Lifetime's portable systems. Top this all off with a true breakaway rim - the Slam-It Pro - and you have a system that is ready for tough basketball play.
The 71522 comes with a 5-year factory warranty from Lifetime Products for customers in the United States and Canada. All metal components of the basketball system are powder coated to help resist rusting.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product! Please note that the product must be received back in resalable condition to qualify.
This portable basketball hoop ships via FedEx for a doorstep delivery. No signature required. Fast Shipping! Orders generally leave the warehouse within 1 business day.
Should I fill the portable base with sand or water?
That depends entirely on how much weight you think you will need to hold up to how the system will be used. As noted on the product, when filled with water, the base weighs about 248 lbs. When filling the base with sand, the base typically weighs about 1.5 times the weight of the base filled with water, depending on the density of the sand you use. Note that the heavier the base, the sturdier the system; but, the system will also be more difficult to move.
What are the differences with the 71522, the 90088, and the 71524?
Differences between models 71522, 90088, and 71524: The 71522 has an Acrylic board for improved rebound and less flex, but is less strong than the polycarbonate boards that the 90088 and 71524 have. The 71522 has a 1.5-inch thick backboard frame. The 71524 and 90088 have a 1-inch thick frame. The 71522 and 90088 have rigid extension arms that mount directly to the board frame. The 71524 uses standard straight extension arms that mount to a Y-bracket instead of directly to the backboard. They are all great systems that will last many years.
The hoop chute model 0501 helps direct made shots back towards the shooter when shooting from the front angles of the basketball systm. This accessory is useful for personal practice.
The pole pad helps protect players from direct impact with the basketball pole.