Measurements and Included Features:
- Nominal Dimensions - 8 x 5.
- Footprint - 94 inches w x 58 inches d.
- Exterior Width - 92.75 inches.
- Exterior Roof Width - 96 inches.
- Exterior Depth - 55.5 inches .
- Exterior Roof Depth - 60 inches.
- Exterior Height - 96 inches.
- Eave Depth - 2 inches.
- Fascia Height - 1.25 inches.
- Roof Pitch - 6:12.
- Trusses - 1.
- Door Opening Dimensions - 56 inches x 76 inches.
- Window Opening Dimensions - 16.5 inches w x 16.5 inches h.
- Interior Width - 90 inches.
- Interior Depth - 54 inches.
- Interior Height - Minimum 70 inches.
- Interior Height - Maximum 94 inches.
- Square Feet - 33.8 square feet.
- Cubic Feet - 232.7 cubic feet.
- Wind Rating - 65 mph.
- Roof snow load capacity: 23 lbs. per square foot.
- Material of Construction - Powder-Coated Steel and Double-Wall Polyethylene Plastic.
- Roof Structure - Double-Wall Polyethylene Plastic Panels.
- Roof Support Trusses - Two (2) Steel A-Frame Trusses.
- Wall Structure - Steel-Reinforced Double-Wall Polyethylene Plastic Panels.
- Floor Structure - Slip-Resistant Double-Wall Polyethylene Plastic.
- Doors Structure - Textured Steel-Reinforced Double-Wall Polyethylene Plastic.
- Door Hinges - Full-Length Galvanized Steel Hinge Pins.
- Door Handle - High-Impact Plastic Handles with Metal Latch.
- Door Latching - Internal Spring Latch Mechanism.
- Door Locking - Exterior Padlock Loop with Two (2) High-Impact Plastic Deadbolts on Interior of Left Door.
- Screened Vents - Two (2)Includes Screened Vents (front and rear).
- Window - One (1) 17 inches w x 17 inches h Polycarbonate Window - Opens Half-Way.
- Included Skylights - Two (2) Polyproylene Skylights located along the ridge of the roof.
- Includes Shelves - Two (2) Front Corner Shelves - 9 inch radius, Three (3) Rear Shelves One (1) 90 inch W x 9 inch D, Two (2) 30 inch w x 10 inch d.
- Assembly - Secure-Fastened Assembly with High-Grade Metal Screws.
- Warranty - 10-Year Limited Warranty.
Lifetime sheds provide you an excellent yard storage solution that will last for years to come. This shed uses a panelling design to assemble the shed; adjacent panels interlock and fasten together. The shed is then reinforced on the inside of the shed with powder-coated steel. The shed doors have a built-in padlock (actual lock not included). These sheds come with a 10-year factory warranty from Lifetime Products.
This lifetime outdoor storage shed is durable, sturdy and is designed to meet a broad range of storage needs. Great shed for Lawn and Garden Organization & Storage!
Lifetime Outdoor Storage Shed 8 x 5 Features
Sturdy, Steel-Reinforced Construction
- Garden Storage Sheds Feature Steel-Reinforced Dent-Resistant Double-Wall Polyethylene Panels
- Lifetime Outdoor Shed Steel Trusses Provide Roof Strength
- Lifetime storage Sheds Secure-Fastened Assembly Ensures Stability and Durability
Outdoor Plastic Storage Sheds Feature Attractive Appearance and Design
- Lifetime Sentinel 8 X 5 Shed With 1 Window has Blow Molded Wood-Grain Wall Panels
- Simulated Shingled Roof on this Lifetime 8 Ft. X 5 Ft. Shed With Window
- Plastic Sheds Natural Colors Complement Surroundings
6406 Lifetime Outdoor Storage Sheds are Low Maintenance
- UV-Protected to Prevent Fading and Cracking
- Weather-Resistant Seams Keep Interior Dry
- Stain Resistant and Easy to Clean
- Never Needs Painting
Lifetime Sentinel Shed Features a High-Pitched Roof
- Measures 96" at the Peak and 70" at the Bottom Edge of the Roof Panel
- Head-Room and Spacious Walk-Around Interior
- Steep Roof Allows for Quick Drainage of Rain and Snow
High-Arched, Steel-Reinforced Doors
- Lockable Doors with Internal Latching Mechanism
- Full-Length Steel Hinge System
- Door located on 8 wall
High-Impact Polyethylene Floor
- Resistant to Oil, Solvents and Stains
- Slip Resistant Surface
- Measures about 1.5" Thick
Lifetime Storage Buildings Special Features
- Shatter Proof Window Opens for Increased Ventilation
- Screened Vents Provide Airflow and Help Keep Pests Out
- Built-In Shelving System
- Pegboard with Tool Hooks
Not All Sheds Are Created Equal! Some Things to Look for When Comparing Sheds:
- Height - Many sheds have low ceilings and entrances and are very cramped.
Structure - Is the Shed High Quality Steel Reinforced and Double Walled?
- Features - Does it Have Vents, Windows, Lights, True Door Handle, Steel Support Shelving, etc?
- Floor - Lifetime Floors are More Sturdy and Made of Better Material.
Bottom Line: Lifetime sheds are much nicer looking, more functional, and much stronger than cheaper competitor sheds.
The Garden Sheds are putty colored with darker brown trims.
Lifetime sheds fill many different needs for outdoor storage needs. The 6406 is a smaller floor plan ideal for storing pushing/self-propelled lawn mowers, gardening supplies, and yard tools.
*Assembly Required on Lifetime Outdoor Storage Products. A wooden framework or cement slab is recommended for support under the shed. The shed floor is not a weight-bearing floor and will need some sort of solid support to keep from breaking or damaging the floor.
* Lifetime Plastic Shed extensions sold separately.
Competitive Edge Storage Sheds are manufactured by Lifetime Products.
Get fast shipping. Orders for the 6406 Lifetime Shed generally leave the warehouse within 2 business days. This product ships directly from Lifetime Products in Clearfield, UT. Delivery of this product is via a curbside delivery through an ltl carrier. The customer must be present to sign for the package and move the boxes where they need on the delivery property. Delivery appointments are scheduled through the delivery company before delivery is attempted. The customer can either contact the freight company themselves once they have the tracking number, or they can wait for the freight company to contact them to schedule the appointment. Ltl freight carriers will frequently have some flexibility with scheduling delivery once the product at the delivery terminal within 7 days (not business days) of the item arriving at the terminal. The terminal can hold on to the item longer than that as well, but they will begin charging storage fees to the customer after 7 days of the product sitting at the delivery terminal. Call or email us with any questions.
Ships in two boxes. Dimensions and weights are as follows:
- Box 1: 95 inches x 32.33 inches x 8 inches H; weighs about 213 lbs.
- Box 2: 95 inches x 32.33 inches x 8 inches H; weighs about 163 lbs.
Do I need to be home for the delivery?
Yes, this item ships via an ltl for a curbside delivery. This type of delivery requires you to be home to sign for the delivery. Appointments are scheduled through the freight company before delivery.
Will the driver move the boxes to the backyard (or anywhere on the delivery property)?
No. The delivery is curbside. The driver is contracted to bring the package to your address only. Pleas make sure you have sufficient help available to move the packages when delivered. Most packages can be handled by two people, depending on size.
Do I need to pull the boxes off the truck?
Most of the delivery trucking companies we use for this shed will have machines on the back of their trucks, called lift gates, which will lower the boxes to the ground for you. However, in rare instances, the freight truck will not have that machine handy. In those cases, the boxes will need to be pulled off one at a time. Please make sure you plan your appointment accordingly so you sufficient help.
What is the 6406 Lifetime storage shed typically used for?
This shed is one of the more compact sizes from Lifetime. It does have enough depth in the floor plan to store most pushing lawnmowers or other similarly-sized pieces of yard equipment. The included shelves provide space to store smaller yard products.
Do you ship to Canada?
Yes, we can ship this item to Canada. However, as our cost to do so is very high, Canadian customers are frequently able to get the product across the border cheaper than we can. If you have a United States address we can ship to, you will typically save money bringing it across the border, paying the required fees, then for us to ship directly to you. Shipping costs on the shed is noted in the "Check Ship Rates" link at the top of the listing.
Please note that these videos are meant to provide general information for this product and have been created by individuals that have owned or used this shed. The details of the 6406 are listed on our website listing. Please do not use specific details from the video to know what comes with the 6406.
The full-width shelf is an accessory that can be added to the inside of your 8-foot wide shed.