Lifetime Portable Basketball Hoop 1479 48 in. Acrylic Backboard.
- Dimensions: 48 inches W x about 30 inches H.
- Backboard frame: high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic.
- Backboard frame thickness: 2 inches.
- Backboard material: Makrolon polycarbonate.
- Backboard thickness: 2.5 mm (0.09 inches).
- Backboard features fade-resistant graphics.
- Black Slam-It rim, regulation a 18-inch diameter.
- Rim uses a double-spring compression mount.
- Rim diameter: 5/8-inch.
- Includes all-weather, white net.
- Net weight: 70 grams.
- Net attaches to rim via welded metal hooks. No plastic clips.
Pole and Height Adjuster
- Uses the Quick Adjust mechanism to raise and lower the rim height.
- Pole size: 3-inch round.
- Pole construction: 3 pieces.
- Pole color: black.
- The Quick Adjust adjustment device is activated using a broomstick pole and pushing the end of the pole into a little receiver inside the mounting bracket to lower the backboard, and under the rim to raise the backboard.
- This mechanism is designed to be used with adult supervision.
- Rim height adjusts from 8.0-feet to 10-feet in 6-inch increments.
Other Specs and Features
- Portable base can be filled with sand or water.
- Base footprint: 30 inches W x 46.75 inches D.
- Portable base size: 31 gallons.
- Approximate weight of the base when filled with water: 248 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 82 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 48.25 inches x 32.75 inches x 10.5 inches.
- Includes a 5-year warranty from Lifetime Products on all parts of the system for customers in the United States and Canada.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.
The 1479 Lifeitme portable basketball hoop features a large 48-inch polycarbonate backboard, a sturdy 3-inch pole, and a large portable base. The 48-inch polycarbonate backboard provides a sturdy surface that holds up well to abusive use. Lifetime's 3-inch pole provides great backboard support, which minimizes the movement in the system when in use. Lastly, the portable base can be filled with sand or water. When filled with water, the 31-gallon base weighs about 248 lbs.
Why get a portable basketball hoop?
Portable basketball hoops give you the ability to move the system around as needed. Is your basketball court going to be a driveway? A portable basketball system can easily be moved around as needed. This Lifetime Portable Basketball Hoop, model 1479, is a great mid-level portable system that is great for beginning and intermediate level basketball players.
Helpful Information About This Portable Basketball System:
This portable basketball system has a middle level backboard size for a portable goal. The smallest available backboard for a Lifetime Portable Goal is 44 inches. The largest is 54 inches. The backboard material is acrylic, which is considered to be step below glass in terms of how well the ball rebounds off the backboard.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product! Please note that the product must be received back in resalable condition to qualify.
Related Lifetime Portable Basketball Goals Fusion Backboard Searches:
This portable basketball hoop ships via FedEx for a doorstep delivery. No signature required. Fast Shipping! Orders generally leave the warehouse within 1 business day.
Should I fill the portable base with sand or water?
That depends entirely on how much weight you think you will need to hold up to how the system will be used. As noted on the product, when filled with water, the base weighs about 248 lbs. When filling the base with sand, the base typically weighs about 1.5 times the weight of the base filled with water, depending on the density of the sand you use. Note that the heavier the base, the sturdier the system; but, the system will also be more difficult to move.
The hoop chute model 0501 helps direct made shots back towards the shooter when shooting from the front angles of the basketball systm. This accessory is useful for personal practice.
The pole pad helps protect players from direct impact with the basketball pole.
Looking for the owner’s manual, instruction manual, or care instructions for 1479? Click here to download and view the manual and assembly directions. It will show you how to assemble this product with a description as well as an illustration. This manual may also include a list for replacement parts and an 800 number for assembly assistance as well as a list of tools needed. It should also include safety and precautionary measures to get the best and longest use of your product.