Lifetime Portable Basketball Hoop - 1529 Shatter Guard Backboard Goal System.
- Dimensions: 50 inches W x 30 inches H.
- Backboard material: Makrolon polycarbonate.
- Backboard thickness: 2.5 mm (.09 inches).
- Backboard frame material: high-density polyethylene plastic.
- Frame thickness: 2 inches.
- Backboard graphics are fade-resistant.
- Backboard to pole clearance: 22 inches.
Orange Slam-It Rim
- Regulation-sized rim, 18-inch diameter.
- Rim uses a double-spring compression mount.
- This rim holds up well to aggressive play.
- Rim color: orange.
- Includes all-weather, white net.
- Net is a standard 12-loop net.
- Net weight: 50 grams.
- Net attaches to rim via welded metal hooks. No plastic clips.
Pole and Height Adjuster
- Pole size and shape: 3-piece, 3-inch round pole.
- Pole color: black.
- Uses a Speed Shift to adjust the backboard up and down.
- The Speed Shift uses a single handle that uses squeeze trigger to activate the mechanism.
- Rim height adjusts from 8-feet to 10-feet in 6-inch increments.
- Easily adjusted up and down.
Other Specs and Features
- Portable base can be filled with sand or water.
- Portable base size: 31 gallons.
- Base footprint: 46.75 inches L x 30 inches W.
- Pole color: black.
- Weight of the base when filled with water: about 248 lbs.
- Typically, filling the base with sand makes the base weigh about 1.5 times more than filling the base with water. This weight factor will change depending on the density of your sand.
- Shipping weight: 80 lbs.
- Shipping dimensions: 50.75 inches x 32.75 inches x 10.3 inches.
- Includes a 5-year warranty on all parts of the system from Lifetime Products for United States and Canada customers.
- All metal parts are powder coated to help resist rusting.
Portable basketball systems provide you with the flexibility of setting up and taking down your basketball court, and then setting up the court again wherever you need. Lifetime Products model 1529 features a durable 50-inch polycarbonate backboard, a large 31-gallon portable base, and a sturdy 3-inch round pole. Polycarbonate backboards are about 30 times stronger than comparably-sized acrylic backboards. The 31 gallon base can be filled with sand or water to help offset and stabilize the weight of the basketball system. The 3-inch round pole provides sturdy support as you play basketball.
With the adjustablility of the backboard, even very young players can begin learning to shoot the basketball. This system comes with a 5-year factory warranty from Lifetime Products. All steel components of this basketball system are powder coated, which helps the metal resist rusting.
This product has a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
Simply hang onto the original packaging and contact us within 30 days of receipt if you are not satisfied with this product. We will have the item picked up at our cost and refund you in full. We are that confident you will love this product!
This portable basketball hoop ships via FedEx for a doorstep delivery. No signature required. Fast Shipping! Orders generally leave the warehouse within 1 business day.
Is this a good system for a younger child?
Yes. This is an excellent beginner level basketball hoop. The adjustability of this backboard system allows the rim height to be set as low as 8-feet, allowing even young children to reach the rim and start learning to shoot.
Should I use sand or water to fill the base of this portable basketball hoop?
Either option is fine. When filling the base with sand, the weight of the base is typically about 1.5 times the weight as when the base is filled with water (depends on the density of the sand you use). A base filled with sand will typically provide greater stability, but will also be more difficult to move around.
Can a young child raise and lower the backboard height?
The Speed Shift height adjuster allows the backboard to be moved up and down typically using just one hand. The mechanism is a little higher off the ground, about 75-inches off the ground when the handle it at its highest position (the backboard is at its lowest position when the handle is up high).
Hoop chute: ideal for personal practice time. The hoop chute directs made shots back towards the player.
Looking for the owner’s manual, instruction manual, or care instructions for 1529? Click here to download and view the manual and assembly directions. It will show you how to assemble this product with a description as well as an illustration. This manual may also include a list for replacement parts and an 800 number for assembly assistance as well as a list of tools needed. It should also include safety and precautionary measures to get the best and longest use of your product.