Product: 6055 Kodiak Canvas Tent - 6 Person 10 foot by 10 foot Hydra-Shield Tent with Heavy-duty galvanized steel tube frame. Manufactured by Bright Path Enterprises.
View additional pictures and details of these Kodiak Tents: Also view the Awning Out Picture
Click here to view a product comparison between the Kodiak and Springbar Tents.
The Kodiak 6055 Hydra-Shield Canvas Tent makes camping a breeze. Easy to read instructions are sewn into the Strap-and-Cinch tent bag, but the Kodiak 6055 is easy to put up and take down and can be done by one person. This 10 x 10 canvas tent sleeps up to 6 adults, side by side. The Hydra-Shield canvas keeps rain and moisture out, and lets the fabric breathe, which minimizes condensation on the inside walls of the tent. The Kodiak 6055 Hydra Shield Canvas Tents also come with lots of extras such as Funnel Flow Vents, an awning, gear pockets and more. Connectors for the poles are made of sturdy cast aluminum.
Kodiak Canvas Tent Specs
- Kodiak Tent Floor Size -10x10 ft.
- Kodiak Wall Tent Capacity - Up to 6 adults (If you cram them in)
- Seasons - 3.5 (Will hold up in snow but not designed for heavy accumulations.)
- Tent storage bag size: 30 inches L x 13 inches Diameter.
- Tent pole bag size: 50 inches L x 5.5 inches Diameter.
- Ceiling Height- 6 6"
- Weight - 68 lbs (includes 6.35 lbs in tent stakes)
- Ceiling Fabric - 10 oz 100% Cotton Canvas Hydra-Shield
- Wall Fabric - 8.5 oz 100% Cotton Canvas Hydra-Shield
- Canvas Tent with Floor Material - 16 oz Vinyl. Polyester reinforced.
- Screen Material - Heavy Duty 50 D Polyester No-See-Um mesh.
- Poles - 1" Galvanized steel tube.
- Stakes - 12" Steel Solid Rod (3/8" Diameter).
- Stake Loops - Nylon Strap Webbing (Accommodate Oversized Stakes).
Bright Path Enterprises Kodiak Tent Features
- 2 (back and front) D-Shaped doors. #10 YKK Zippers - the best zippers you can put on a tent.
- 2 Large Windows. #8 YKK Zippers
- 72x78" Awning
- 2 Gear Pockets Under Windows
- Exterior guy-out points on top 4 corners for added security in strong winds.
- Interior Tie-loops 14 (12 on ceiling 2 on floor) Use as clothesline or attach gear
- 2 Funnel Flow Vents w/ zipper on large camping tent
- Strap-and-Cinch tent bag with carry handle and sew in instruction. Separate Pole bag.
Kodiak Canvas tents have a very similar design to Springbar
tents but Kodiak Canvas tents were not made to be a cheap imitation of a Springbar tent rather an improved evolution. Kodiak Canvas tents are made with top of the line materials and components including YKK zippers. In a head to head comparison you will get comparable canvas, and frame. However Kodiak Canvas gives you features you do not get in Springbar, such as Double Doors, Vents, Strap-and-Cinch Storage Bag, 16 oz vinyl floor (Springbar has 9 oz), heavy duty 12 inch steel rod stakes, etc& You get a great value at an affordable price with Kodiak Canvas camping tents.
*Its not a bad idea to go over the seams and stake loops with a waterproofing called Kiwi Camp dry. (Use the silicone based.)
Canvas Camping Tent Packaging Includes:
- Tent Poles
- Tent Stakes
- Framing, etc.
- Weight break down: total tent weight - 70 lbs., tent material alone - about 35 lbs., poles and stakes - about 35 lbs.
- Manual Included in packaging and will contain list of additional parts and features
The floor of the tent is a made of a super-duty 16 oz vinyl that is reinforced by laminating it with a polyester mesh. It is similar to what is used in some above ground swimming pools. It is completely waterproof. There is a seam in the floor where two sections vinyl are sewn together. Because of the needle holes a small amount of water could enter at the seam. If needed you can seal this seam with a vinyl glue, or seam tape readily available at outdoor stores.
How do Kodiak Canvas Tents compare with cheaper competitor canvas tents?
The first thing is that Kodiak Canvas is the Cadillac of canvas tents so you may invest a little more for a lot more quality.
One thing to compare is the tent weight. Some competitor 12x9 tents weigh about 69 lbs. This Kodiak Canvas tent weighs 87 lbs. That is 20% more tent for your money.
Other canvas tents are 8 oz. Kodiak Canvas is 8.5 and 10 oz on the roof. Canvas is tricky because there are a lot of factors other than just weight. Kodiak Canvas has a silicone treatment that is breathable and very durable (i.e. it will be waterproof for years and years of use) and will not wick (draw moisture from the outside when you rub against it on the inside).
Other canvas tents have the same center height 7.5 ft (90 inch ) but the side walls on the Kodiak Canvas tent are 5.5 ft and others are 4 ft. That is going to make a huge difference on inside room and comfort.
This floor is a super heavy 16 oz vinyl with welded seams - almost unheard of.
On competitor canvas tents the 90 degree angle connector poles are a common failure point. Kodiak Canvas tents are reinforced with a welded brace and heavy duty tubing.
Local Pickup is available in Logan, Utah if you wish to avoid shipping charges
Kodiak Canvas Tent Video
6055 Kodiak Canvas Tent Setup Video Below
Kodiak 6055 Competitive Edge Products Tents Customer Reviews Below
6055 Kodiak Canvas Tent Reviews, Comments and Feedback from our eBay Customers Below
We also carry a wide range of competitive edge sports / exercise equipment
Please view our other outdoor camping furniture products here:
What are the differences between the 6055 Kodiak Tent and the 6051 Kodiak canvas tent?
These tents are very similar in design and features. The only noticeable difference in construction is the 6055 has air vents at the top, whereas the 6051 does not. The other difference, which is minor, is the carrying bag for the 6055 is a little bit fancier in that it uses a cinch and click mechanism to close up the bag, whereas the 6051 does not.