2013 Lifetime Glider Bench Review 4 1/2 Stars
We have had the glider bench for about 5 years now. I was looking for something four our back deck that would hold a few people and allow us to sit, relax and enjoy the view. I looked into some wood benches, but I had poor experiences with wood furniture (not to mention fences) because of the maintenance required and the slivers that can come along with no extra charge:)
Also, I looked at some with a metal frame and the cushions on top. I actually bought one of these for our back yard because it came with a cover. However after just a year the cushions needed to be replaced and a few things started to fall apart. In comparing the three of these benches, I would choose the Lifetime glider hands down.
Some of the things I have enjoyed about it are:
- It doesn’t look dirty, and it is easy to wipe off without getting slivers (I have 6 kids and this is important for me.)
- It is very sturdy. Our family has enjoyed our times together sitting and rocking on it (We have fit all 8 of us on it at one time).
- It comfortably seats 3 to 4 adults.
- There is no maintenance required (I guess you could spray some WD40 on some of the metal parts (but I haven’t done it once).
- It is very comfortable to sit on.
A couple draw backs from were:
- I did not like that one of the screws came out after a few years, but I was able to put it back in and it continues to function well now.
- Also, in the winter it is colder to sit on than the fabric glider.
I hope this review helps as you look for a bench or a glider.
Check out this video of The Lifetime glider bench.