To begin, we have been very pleased with our Lifetime glider bench. We have had theglider bench for about 5 years now. I was looking for something four our back deck that would hold a few people and allow us to sit, relax and enjoy the view. I looked into some wood benches, but I had poor experiences with wood furniture (not to mention fences) because of the maintenance required and the slivers that can come along with no extra charge:)Also, I looked at some with a metal frame and the cushions on top. I actually bought one of these for our back yard because it came with a cover. However after just a year the cushions needed to be replaced and a few things started to fall apart. In comparing the three of these benches, I would choose the Lifetime glider hands down. Some of the things I have enjoyed about it are:
Lifetime Glider Bench Pros and Cons
- It doesn't look dirty, and it is easy to wipe off without getting slivers (I have 6 kids and this is important for me.)
- It is very sturdy. Our family has enjoyed our times together sitting and rocking on it (We have fit all 8 of us on it at one time).
- It comfortably seats 3 to 4 adults.
- There is no maintenance required (I guess you could spray some WD40 on some of the metal parts (but I haven't done it once).
- It is very comfortable to sit on.
- Nice enjoyable swinging motion
A Couple Draw Backs or Cons Were:
- I did not like that one of the screws came out after a few years, but I was able to put it back in and it continues to function well now.
- Also, in the winter it is colder to sit on than the fabric glider.
Enjoy the simple things in life with garden furniture from Lifetime. The Glider Bench is the ideal garden furniture piece for enjoying the backyard scenery you have worked so hard to create. Because of the lightweight design, the Glider Bench is easily moved around the yard - wherever the afternoon takes you. With a 48" frame and a comfortable 44" seat, the glider bench provides the perfect way to spend time with your family, relax, or just enjoy good conversation and a pitcher of lemonade.
Lifetime's outdoor benches provide the perfect seating space on a patio, deck, or porch. With UV-protected all-weather construction, our benches are rust resistant and will not fade, crack, chip or peel. They are specifically designed to be comfortable, low-maintenance, and durable. Lifetime Wood Alternative Glider Bench - Features a 44-Inch weather-resistant, simulated wood bench and 48-Inch metallic brown powder-coated steel frame. A great 2 to 3 person bench with smooth gliding motion.
View the Lifetime 2871 Instruction Owner's Manual Sample.
View Lifetime Glider Benches