The 54 inch board is larger than most driveway basketball system boards (48" average). You can make about any bank shot you want on this wide frame. The spring loaded rim makes it fun to slam dunk. This spring loaded rim also is considered to be more forgiving. For example, when shooting a free throw on a rim that has no springs it is more likely to be away if you miss. This spring loaded rim does the opposite.
Designed to be outdoors all year round. No need to cover or protect from the weather.
This is one of the few acrylic basketball systems manufactured by Lifetime. Most of the basketball systems are polycarbonate which is considered a slight downgrade from acrylic. Acrylic is the next best thing to glass as it is very solid, quiet, and has a beautiful glossy look.
Model 90469 is considered to be and intermediates to advanced level basketball system. That is, this is not an entry level system. It is especially popular among teenagers and collegiate basketball players.
Competitive Edge Products, Inc. is an authorized distributor of Lifetime Products, Inc.
90469 Backboard Specs:
- Backboard dimensions: 54 inches
- Backboard material: transparent acrylic.
- Acrylic is very similar to tempered glass.
- Acrylic Backboard Material: 6.3 mm
90469 Rim/Hoop Specs:
- Durable Construction
- Steel regulation size 18" diameter Rim.
- Rim Color: Orange
- Hardware Configuration: Dual Compression Springs for competitive dunking.
- Net Hooks: Steel (not clip-on) welded net hooks for net attachment.
- Net: All-weather 150 gram cotton white net.
90469 Pole Specs:
- Extension arms: 27" overhang between pole and backboard
- Pole Diameter: 4" square (larger than the standard 3.5" round)
- Pole Material: Steel with powder-coated paint finish to prevent rust
- Pole Color: Black
- Main pole shape: Square
- Main pole structure: 3 pieces with top pole cap to prohibit rain water.
90469 Adjustment Mechanism:
- Height adjustment name: Pump Adjust (Lifetime's newest adjustment mechanism).
- Gray handle with an automatic releasing mechanism to lift up and down with the hydraulic cylinder located on back of pole. Simply push up to lower end pull down to raise. Easy for all ages.
- Pump adjuster uses pneumatic technology to raise and lower the backboard.
- Adjustment Increments: Rim height adjusts from 7.5 feet to 10 feet in any in-between increment.
- Adjustment Height: lowest height is 7.5 accommodating the average 6 year old and highest height 10" which is High School/NBA regulation height.
90469 Other Specs:
- Warranty: 5-years manufacturer's warranty. Copy of receipt required.
- Shipping Time: 5-7 days from time of purchase. Delivered FedEx no signature required. Tracking automatically emailed to customer.
- 30-day money back guarantee on all Lifetime In Ground basketball systems.
- Shipped dimensions: 110 pounds, 54.50 inches L x34.31 inches W x 6.30 inches H.